Monday, March 5, 2012

Nashy

Let's talk about dreams for a minute.

If you hang out with me, you will soon come to find I have a small man-crush on Nashville. And I mean that in the most heterosexual way possible.

There is a group of musicians down there I have become incredibly awed with. They completely encapsulate the "musician" image I hold in my head perfec, to the "C". I have had the pleasure of seeing 3 out of the 5 in concert, and have been blessed enough to shake their hands and fan-boy out for a couple hours.

Following them on youtube, facebook, and the sort has allowed me to process this dream I have of being a musician in a way that pulls me in tighter. Besides being amazing at their crafts (songwriting, instruments, performance, etc), they have life measured out to balance their talents with relationship.

They are all best friends, always playing shows and writing together, doing bible studies, and just living in community with each other. A few are married, some are out touring while the others keep Nashville warm, but you can tell that the music isn't the most important thing to them.

Dreams are important and good to have, but you should never lose sight of what is most important.

Enjoy Andrew Ripp's "Dresden Wine", and try not to get addicted. It's almost impossible.


The others:
Ben Rector
Matt Wertz
Dave Barnes
Steve Moakler

No comments:

Post a Comment